Conveyancing & Property Law
What is Conveyancing?
Conveyancing is the process of transferring ownership of a legal title of land (property) from one person or entity to another.
A typical conveyancing transaction consists of three stages:
- before contract
- before completion
- after completion
At Lex Fori Lawyers we will always provide the highest level of service, expert advice and personal attention.
Our dedicated legal team will ensure your conveyancing matter always receives our undivided attention. You will find us accurate, detail-conscious, cost-effective and friendly making your conveyancing simple, stress-free and fast.
Whether you are buying or selling you will be pleased to hear about our “Flat Rate Fee” of $1,500.00 inclusive of GST (for properties under $1.5 million) and disbursements (except for building and pest report). This fee is inclusive of all telephone calls, facsimiles and sundries which means that there are no hidden costs at the end of your matter.
When buying a Property, Lex Fori Lawyers will assist you with the following:
- Prepare, clarify and lodge legal documents – e.g. contract of sale, memorandum of transfer;
- Research the property and its certificate of title – check for easements, type of title and any other information that needs addressing;
- Put the deposit money in a trust account;
- Calculate the adjustment of rates and taxes;
- Settle the property – act on your behalf, advise you when the property is settled, contact your bank or financial institution on when final payments are being made;
- Represent your interest with a vendor or their agent.
How are we different to others?
At Lex Fori Lawyers we guarantee that a lawyer will work on your case. Unlike other firms, who use conveyancers, secretaries or paralegals, we only use qualified lawyers that work throughout the conveyancing process from commencement to completion. This way we ensure you are getting top quality services.
See also: Guide to Buying a Property:
When selling a Property, Lex Fori Lawyers can assist you with the following:
- Prepare the Contract for the Sale of Land;
- Complete and ensure the legal documents are all sorted;
- Represent you and respond to requests from the buyer – for example, request to extend dates, title questions, etc.
See also: Guide to Selling a Property:
For obligation free consultation, please contact our office and make an appointment with our conveyancing specialist.
Our services include: